Saturday, August 9, 2008

Lead Daily

When Philip asked Jesus to show him and the other disciples the Father as the final requirement that would anchor them in their faith that indeed Jesus as he spoke is the way, the truth, and the life. Jesus responded: "Don't you believe that I am one with the Father and that the Father is one with me? What I say isn't said on my own. The Father who lives in me does these things" (John 14:10 CEV)

Understanding the wisdom of Jesus' words, George Campbell Morgan said "No man can do the work of God until he has the Holy Spirit and is endued with power." While unique in the sense that Jesus is the only begotten Son of God, he is our example to follow. For us to reach our full human potential and live in relationship with God and our neighbor as God intends means a dying to self and surrender to His working within us.

This has been a great week. I attended the Leadership Summit and received much re-enforcement to the understanding of the Summit tag line "Leading where you are". The example of all the talks heard over the past two days culminated this morning in their practical application when I served as a volunteer at the YMCA sponsored Sports Kids Triathlon at UTS. Courtney an overall winner in her class having completed the events runs out on the course and accompanies her friend to the finish line...Lead where you are...God intends to use us as Leaders to re-present His kingdom on earth...the only way we can is to know that it is not I but He that is living in me, who is doing His work. Question what do we need today...the world's winds or the Lord's word? Where does God say follow me? ... am I afraid to go?

1 comment:

Jenny said...

preach it!! i loved the summit!