Friday, September 26, 2008

Relationship

I've had trouble with my commitment to update this blog weekly. I wrestle with myself and yet don't sit down and write. Why not?

I read a reflection by Robert Roland (Listen Christian):

I was hungry and you formed a humanity's club and discussed my hunger, thank you.
I was imprisoned and you crept off quietly to your chapel and prayed for my release.
I was naked and in your mind you debated the morality of my appearance.
I was sick and you knelt and thanked God for your health.
I was homeless and you preached to me of the love of God.
I was lonely and you left me alone to pray for me.
You seem so holy, so very close to God, but I am still very hungry and lonely and cold--thank you.

As I read this I begin to think... Is this descriptive of me in relationship with this new communication tool? I don't like the answer!

No comments: