Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving

As I begin my morning this Thanksgiving with a phone call from my son and his family on board a plane bound for California, I began to think about daily living in a state of thankfulness.

I was led to Hebrew scripture where I found some guidelines that can help live in a state of thankful Christian living:

Hebrews 10:23..."Let us draw near to God with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith." This speaks to fellowship with God...Quiet time, personal devotion or some other spiritual practice that is set aside each day to draw near to God

Hebrews 10:24..."Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess." This speaks to a commitment to outreach to the lost through personal witness or simply active participation in the Great Commission. We are to hold the confession of our faith high like a banner, never growing silent, never denying the Lord who has bought us for Himself

Hebrews 10:25..."Let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds." We are to encourage and motivate each other in the Christian life through meeting together in worship and small group to get instruction from His Word.

As I embrace these guidelines I find that I am able to experience joy and contentment in whatever circumstances and to give sincere thanks to Him who is able to do more than I could ever image or dream. This allows me to enjoy the unfolding wonder of each day as God reveals Himself in unexpected ways.

I truly have much to be thankful for! Praise be to God!

No comments: