Thursday, August 5, 2010

Spirituality Connecting Health and Wholiness

Having taken a hiatus from writing on my blog, I now return with new purpose and focus. I've wrestled with the direction and content in this activity. I will use this to reflect on the practices and disciplines that will help me connect the theme of "Spirituality connecting Health and Wholiness" as a reflection of life in Christ. In James Bryan Smith's book The Good and Beautiful God, he makes the statement that "Christians are people Christ dwells in". This truth gives me pause to think on the question that if this is true why are so many of us are living lives that are unhealthy, unconnected, and unfulfilled. I begin this journey with these words on prayer by Michael Casey...To pray well I must first find out where I am. Self-knowledge is never procured cheaply. To pray well I need to face up to realities about myself, that I would prefer to ignore: my anxieties, fears, private griefs, failures, lovelessness, my utter lack of resources. To accept the truth about what I am, as also the truth about other human beings, demands courage. If I do not pray well, it is usually because I lack that kind of courage. Do you pray well?

No comments: